How we work together
Last modified: 22nd of August 2012
Welcome to HealthUnlocked GP Communities. Our aim is to provide you with an innovative tool, developed specifically for general practice, to engage patients and meet the requirements of the patient participation group directed enhanced service (PPG DES).
HealthUnlocked will provide GP Communities for GP surgeries on the following terms:
1. HealthUnlocked will provide its standard GP Community for and its members/patients (users). Any future standard updates and maintenance of the site will be at the cost of HealthUnlocked.
2. The community platform will be branded with the surgery colours and logo upon request.
3. HealthUnlocked will provide technical support for the platform to the surgery.
4. HealthUnlocked will protect users' personal details using recognised data protection tools and practices. See more at How do we protect users' data?
5. HealthUnlocked will not contact users or share personal details, such as email addresses, with or on behalf of other individuals, organisations or research partners without the users' consent.
6. HealthUnlocked and GP surgeries will keep the communities free of commercial intrusion by making sure people do not use blogs or questions to advertise their products.
7. GP surgeries agree and understand that HealthUnlocked has paid-for contracts with research and academic institutions, the public and private sector ("research partners"). These contracts may give them access to de-identified information gathered from the patient communities where individual users have consented.
8. HealthUnlocked confirms that research partners cannot provide any content direct to the community's webpage unless there is specific agreement for this between HealthUnlocked and the GP surgery.
9. Either party can terminate the GP Community at any time by giving the other party six months' notice in writing. If a GP surgery breeches the terms of engagement HealthUnlocked holds the right to close the community without notice or a refund.
10. There is no direct contractual relationship between a GP surgery and any actual or potential research partner via HealthUnlocked.
11. There is no contractual relationship between the users and HealthUnlocked research partners. However, if the user, where invited and eligible, contributes to a particular project, then there may be terms and conditions specific to that activity by which the user may be bound.
12. Each party agrees to give advance notice, where practicable, to each other about any media or PR activity that mentions the online community and to ensure that an accurate description of HealthUnlocked and a signpost to www.healthunlocked.com is included in any information distributed.
13. GP surgeries will, with best endeavours, regularly moderate and administer to the community to ensure that the community provides the best quality experience possible in regard to support and information sharing among its users.
14. GP surgeries understand that while the GP Communities were created to fulfill the requirements of the PPG DES, HealthUnlocked does not guarantee payment or fulfillment of the PPG DES.
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time. This may be for reasons including legal or administrative requirements, or to correct an inaccurate statement. We will endeavour to provide notice of the change to community Admins where we deem this necessary. We encourage you to review these Terms periodically to check you understand the latest version.
HealthUnlocked is owned and operated by Everything Unlocked Limited registered in England and Wales under company number 6596274. Its registered office is: 133 Great Suffolk Street, First floor, London SE1 1PP.